Monday, February 28, 2011

Ok so here we are ONE MONTH AWAY!

If you couldn't tell by my title to this post I am SO excited that we are only one month away from leaving what we know to be comfortable to head out to Africa to share the great news we have about our God!
I can tell you there are a mix of emotions going through me right now that I am having a hard time processing it all. I know I have been before but I have felt this way both times and I'm feeling it again. I know that God has called me to be on mission for him and I know the message he has prepared in advance for me to share but my mind won't stop long enough to put it in writing. For those of you that have known me for a long long time you might know that writing is NOT hard for me and has never been something that challenges me. It actually is something that relaxes me and allows me to get out all that I need to.
Here is my setback...I am so afraid that what I am preparing to share with the ladies in Africa will not be all that God intends it to be. Meaning, I am scared I will fail at this AWESOME task that has been given to me. I don't want to fail and I certainly don't want to fail at writing something that contains Gods word in it! Failing with my own words is easy and happens on a daily basis but failing with God's words....not acceptable. (Not that God's words fail but when you mix them with this very human girl's words....I fail).

So all that to say, I am beginning to write my study on two of the Beatitudes that Jesus spoke of when he began his sermon on the mount. The two that I am preparing for are 1. Those who are meek will inherit the land. 2. Those who are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
The first one is one I jumped at because quiet frankly it is something that I need to learn and God needs to teach me. When I learn more I will have to share with you....it might be a long road!

In closing, I am ready for this journey to begin! I have the huge pleasure of going on mission with 13 other individuals and can't wait. God has BIG things in store for us! Please be in prayer for our team if you will. Here are some ways we would love for you to pray for:
Pray that we will see God's power displayed among the people of Zambia!
That we will see salvation!
That we will see restoration!
That we will see deliverance!
Pray for encouragement and God's protection!
Travel logistics!
Physical health for the team!
Pray for us emotionally!
Spiritual warfare!
That our team would have a spirit of unity and a Christ-like attitude!
That we will be flexible regarding our schedule!
That we will have a teachable spirit!
That we would have servant hearts!

Thank you for lifting us up in prayer as we near our departure date. We feel your prayers and covet them all.

No comments: