That brought up alot of memories and it made me think back to my original prayer....God, break my heart for what breaks yours. BUT don't just break it....break it and then put it into action. I want to be changed by the trip to the point that I am living out what you have asked me to be a part of.
God did break my heart on that trip in many many ways and I have thought almost daily how I could put it into action. The answer hasn't come to me yet....God's timing, not mine. I am starting to see though little things that God is putting in front of me (I don't want to share too much right now but I'M EXCITED!).
I wrote during that time a little poem if you will (or maybe not a poem but simple thoughts) that I wanted to share:
If Ever....
If ever there comes a time when I don't think of you,
If ever I don't glorify your name,
If ever I don't think of serving others before myself,
If ever I become complacent in my walk with you,
If ever my faith becomes less
Then God I pray that you will....
Bring my thoughts back to you through a message I once heard,
That I am reminded that your name is above ALL names,
That you place an orphan in my care to serve until my death,
That my spirit catches fire to the point that I run quickly towards you,
That you become so much more to me that my faith overflows.
With all that said, I ask that you pray for me. Pray that God continues to reveal certain plans for me. Plans that are coming from the last trip I took to Africa. Plans that I hope will bring peace and hope to those that I love to serve there. We will be planning to head out again in 2013 and I pray for the team that God will put together, I pray for the ones that have already said yes, I pray for the people of Zambia that their hearts will be tender and ready for the messages that will come.
Until next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment